Trying to modify the Chinese release of P5R, all attempts failing

Describe your problem in as much detail as you can. Other users might help.
SlyCooperReloadCoded

I'm currently trying to mod the Chinese version of Royal with the mod menu (I'm running the 9.00 jailbreak), but since executable patches haven't been made for the Chinese version, I've resorted to patching the CPK files manually and then creating a modded game patch using a tool I found online. It automates the entire process so you don't have to do any of the commandline stuff or move sc0 files anywhere or anything like that. I've used this tool for other games and it works perfectly, I'm enjoying playing modded PS4 games via modded updates, so I figured this was an entrypoint in my case. For context, this is the tool, just in case it does something incompatible with Royal:

I create the patch by opening the two CPKs I need to modify with CriPakGUI and patch them using the files from the mod menu, not picking the "don't use compression" option since it's disabled by default. I then create the patch using the tool and install the patch. Whenever I launch the game, however, it gets stuck here:

Normally when patches with this tool don't work, the game would crash and give the option to send an error report, but this just sits here. So, I have two questions:

1. Why did this not work?
2. Is there a patched Chinese executable somewhere I could use? I very vaguely remember a mention of one existing, but that's probably a false memory.
3. Are there any other options available to me for modding the Chinese release?

I understand this is a very niche thing I'm trying to accomplish here, but I thought I might as well try asking around for help. I've already modded the USA version successfully, but that has dedicated patches already, so it's not related to what I'm trying to do.

Edit: I've just tested this again but I told CriPakGUI to not use compression. It's still hanging at the same point. I'm completely out of ideas.
SlyCooperReloadCoded

Update: I figured it out. For anyone who ever tries to do the same thing - you need to unpack the CPK archives completely with the CriPakGUI version available in this modding guide, under the "Extracting the CPKs" section:

https://shrinefox.com/guides/2020/09/30 ... al-on-ps4/

After they're extracted, take the mod files, find them in the extracted archives, and replace them accordingly.

Then, find and use a tool called CriPackedFileMaker (should be in a bundle called "crifilesystem") and rebuild the extracted archives completely, making sure to set alignment to 2048, other settings at default.

When they're repacked, just use the PS4 Patch Builder tool as I described above, and it'll load the modded archives just fine. Note that Circle and X and swapped in the Chinese release, so custom GUIs like the mod menu will show X as Confirm but Circle will still actually be Confirm. Also, the mod menu makes some parts of the game English due to it using English files.

ShrineFox 2020 - 2023
Support | Progress | Labs | Privacy | Terms
This site is NOT affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Atlus Co., Ltd, Atlus U.S.A., Inc. or Sega Games Co., Ltd, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates.